Transnational online conference “MOOCification of formal education: good practices, success factors, supporting tools” was held online by the private, state-recognized Fachhochschule des Mittelstands FHM (University of Applied Sciences). The final conference of the Erasmus+ project “Curricular modernization by implementing MOOCs model” (MODE IT) was intended for teachers, students, instructional designers at higher education institutions interested in innovating teaching and learning practices.
The MODE IT project works to introduce innovative MOOC-based pedagogical approaches to the design and delivery of higher education curricula. The involved project partners are five higher education institutions:
- Fachhochschule des Mittelstands (Bielefeld, Germany)
According to the latest trends in formal education, which deal with the integration of MOOCs into formal curricula, the MODE IT project’s aim is to include MOOC-based pedagogies to the design and delivery of higher education curricula making them more flexible and engaging for students. For this, HEIs’ teachers need to grow as MOOC designers!
MODE IT partners designed, developed and tested a number of supporting tools intended to acquire and improve teachers’ skills and competences related to the MOOC design and delivery. The final conference presented the key project outcomes, challenges and lessons learned, and shared with the project experiences to encourage stakeholders to modernize curricula with MOOCs at their home institutions.
Presentations of the conference can be viewed here:
1. Welcome & introduction to MODE-IT project. Dr. T. Bruegge-mann
2. Identification of HE educators needs on MOOCs design and delivery. M.A. Sonja Intveen, FHM
3. Curricular modernisation by implementing MOOCs model: A MOOC created and delivered by FHM
4. Curricular modernisation by implementing MOOCs model: A MOOC created and delivered by Anadolu